Wednesday, February 04, 2009

patience now

Life is good... not sure I've ever felt this at peace with my life. My folks always said 30's were good (well, I'll be 30 this June) and I'm guessing this is part of it. Old enough to have stuff somewhat figured out, but young enough to feel like life's just beginning.

Speaking of new life (no, not that), I've put in my seed orders for the upcoming garden season... LOTS of stuff on the way! Some arrived yesterday from the Cottage Gardener! They were quick.

Golden Wax Bean
Painted Lady Runner Bean
Mammoth Melting Sugar Pea
King of the North Sweet Pepper
Potimarron Winter Squash
Scarlet Nantes Carrot

Richters order should be here this week. Not sure about my biggest, from William Dam. They usually take awhile.

Have been re-reading one of my favourite garden books, Great Garden Companions. Even tho it reads a little easy, like a kids book, the info is solid and useful. Am busy figuring out my veggie neighbourhoods and their friends (hehe). Love the way kitchen/potager gardens look, with flowers and herbs and vegetables all inter-mixed. That's what I'll be aiming for this year.

No comments: